Sunday, January 8, 2012

Society 6 | Faith Or Flight | Andre Villanueva

I am a member of 
Society 6
I popped in over there before venturing back here 
& naturally I found something enticing.
'Faith or Flight'




With pieces like this, I allow my imagination to move a story together that fits with the 
artist's reasoning for creation.
My explanation for this is quite simple.
Andre, the artist, was in limbo at the time of this paintings conception. 
His heart was torn between giving his all to 'Faith'
the young women whose face is etched within the body of the bird,
and soaring higher to new pastures not yet tapped by
his mind, body or soul.
While pondering the possibilities and possibly even suffering 
he contrived the piece above.
....
What do you think?


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment